[rescue] Mac Appliance

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 16:13:57 CDT 2001

joshua d boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> I get the impression that Linux is pretty usefull (but far from
> optimized) on PPC machines ...

I'm reliably informed that it "blows goats".

Especially on Mac 'Wallstreet' laptops.

> Especially if you've only got 4 bloody registers.  Darn it McGuire, stop
> ranting and invent a time machine so that we can go beat the 386 guy who
> decided to stick with 4 registers.  That alone would radically improve
> things.

The 486 and above have more, IIRC.

And anyway, why would Dave need to invent a time machine, I bet he has a
DeLorean hidden somewhere in his basement :-)  I must see this basement
sometime.

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson