[rescue] Mac Appliance

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 12:01:18 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:40:54PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   You should study the pdp11 architecture and its assembly language,
> Josh.  I think you'd really like it.

I'll have to do that some time.

I have to say that I really like RISC machines.  Yeah, I know that
they made a lot of sacrifices, but I like that they have so few
instructions.  I mean, who is going to remeber how to use the Vaxes
pointer advance instruction or the polynomial instructions without
looking it up everytime?

But then again, since ASM should only be used for optimization, maybe ASM
shouldn't be easy to remeber.

--
Joshua D. Boyd