[rescue] [Slightly OT] Smart-UPS 1400 Battery replacement

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 11:57:09 CDT 2001

Ok, I think I'm now truly confused.  I know of three types of batteries
involved, Lead Acid, the old type that you have to add water to, Sealed
Lead Acid, what I see in cars and upses, and gell cells, which I've only
seen once in a Mazda Miata, which was expensive, and hard to charge.  Are
sealed lead acid batts gell cells?  If so why are SLA batteries cheapish
compared to gell cells?
	Nick