[rescue] be

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 09:19:13 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 10:08:32AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Yet another company that had half-ok software and GREAT hardware, that
> decides to dump the hardware and run their software on crappy
> PeeCees...now they're going into the toilet. (can we say NeXT?)  When
> will the suits learn?

Well, the PPC port is sorta current (meaning the software is up to date,
but hardware support doesn't do G3s or newer).  And from what I've heard,
despite some cool features (the blinkin lights and the geek port), the
BeBoxes were kinda crappy (not quite totally compliant, no L2 cache,
etc) PReP machines.  So, if they were presured into releasing the source,
then it could be updated to run on the dual G4s, which are almost as good
(still no blinkin lights, but at least a reasonable amout of cache and
speed).

--
Joshua D. Boyd