[rescue] be

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 09:09:39 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 10:00:38AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> So, I know we rescue computers here, but it seems that Be could use some
> rescueing.  Down to just the BeIA developers, and a few admins, workforce
> under 50 people, and they should be dirt cheap to buy.
>
> So, who want's their own OS company?  It would be a chance to do things
> your way.  Don't like the security(basically unix, but people are
> automatically logged in as uid 0, which was renamed to baron)?  Order them
> to change it.

On a related note, what does one have to do to find out what a companies
market cap is?  I bet Be's is pretty small right now, or did the IPO never
happen?  I got sick of waiting for decent OpenGL, so I stopped paying much
attention to what happens in the Be world.  The idea of becoming a large
enough stock holder to be able to demand that they release the source
(since it doesn't look like they will ever recover) has some appeal.  But,
that would have to be far below being delisted before I could afford to
become much of a stock holder in them.

--
Joshua D. Boyd