[rescue] [Slightly OT] Smart-UPS 1400 Battery replacement

James Sharp rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 22:49:18 CDT 2001

> > I have re-batteried a metric buttload here, all with generic batteries ordered
> > through the local electrical supply warehouse, who carries them as
> > replacements for emergency lighting fixtures.

eBay too.  I got 1/2 of a metric buttload (approximately 10) of
not-quite-new, but still sealed 12V 15Ah batteries for $15 a piece.  Cost
me $75 to ship, but new the batteries were anywhere from $55 to $95 each,
so I made out like a bandit.

Rebatteried 3 rackmount APC Smartups 1250s for $30 each.  And I still have
a few batteries left over.