[rescue] Mac Appliance

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 14:06:59 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 01:42:54PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 02:37:53PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   One computer becomes useless for real work because faster computers
> > exist.  As if by magic!
>
> Thats what Intel *wants* us to beleive... if it wasnt for WIndows, people
> would still be happy running DOS and WordPerfect on 286s...

Perhaps some people.  Myself, I could switch to 9x and linux fast
enough.  I don't really ever want to go back to non 32bit computing (I
mean, unless it is a simple embeded chip).

Still, strap a decent video accelerator on a 286, and people still
probably wouldn't need faster for the most part.

--
Joshua D. Boyd