[rescue] Mac Appliance

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 10:43:34 CDT 2001

I'm looking at a pretty loaded LCIII for next to nothing, and due to how
small it is, I'm thinking Server appliance.  Uh, that then brings to mind,
anyone know how happy old macs are about being run headless?  To run
NetBSD on a Mac 68k, you have to do something like loadlin, except it is a
Mac instead of DOS program, and you are loading NetBSD, not Linux.  But,
apparently, you can't just boot straight to NetBSD.  But, you probably
could have the System 7 startup sequence boot NetBSD, couldn't you?

Oh well, just a thought.  Didn't know if maybe anyone had tried it.

Actually, it seems someone did try it.  Just short pins 4 and 11.

Hmm, now, do I really want yet another box...

--
Joshua D. Boyd