[rescue] Temperature Monitoring?

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 21:43:13 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:54:42PM -0600, james at foonly.com wrote:

> Doesn't look very effective though.  Adding air without ducting just
> fights the structure of the case.  Then again, my AXi's are cooled in a
> manner similar to this (though with cardboard ductwork to funnel air past
> the CPU modules).
> Mr Bill said:
> I would have put one over the CPU, one over the HDs.

there is more backpresure coming out of the tops of the fans (they blow in)
than is normal.  i think they have exceeded the cases capacity to get rid of
air. :)  the machine this is on has a Quantum Atlas III (these reach the temp.
of the surface of the sun as normal operating range) and a 150Mhz ROSS HyperS
in it.  without the fans, you can't touch either without burning yourself. with
the fans, they aren't even warm to the touch.  i'd say they are VERY effecting.

-brian

ps: these are the fans out of the Ultra Enterprise "blank" P/S modules (the
ones with now powersupply stuff in them, just the fans.