[rescue] Sun 4/260 Availiable in Portland, OR

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 21:04:24 CDT 2001

>In a message dated 8/1/01 2:02:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, james at foonly.com
>writes:
>
>>/x60 = freestanding chassis on wheels, about 16" wide.  Big vertical
>>brownish front panel.
>>

>This is the one, a freestanding chassis on wheels. It is in good condition,
>not beat up.
>
>I have no Idea what cards are in it as I didn't look at the back.
>
>Scrap value is about $2 Lb. for the weight of the cards and $.16 (16 cents)
>Lb. for the chassis. Ram is at market value on eBay for him. Since I didn't
>look inside I have no idea of it's actual scrap value.
>
>I have no idea of the amount of RAM but it would add to the cost.
>
>He a has been scrapping bunches of Compaq Prolinea servers for the RAM so he
>has a good idea of memory values.
>
>He is reasonable in his valuations.
>
>Hope this helps.
>Paxton
>Astoria, OR

I'm interested however getting it here would be a pain.  As dave said
I'd be interested in the boards as I might get another one of these
things here soon.  RAM on them is in the form of large VME boards.
Not likely to fetch much on ebay.  Now if only I hadn't modified the
case on my fried 4/260... Oh well raid enclosures are good too.

daniel