[rescue] Cheap RAM?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 16:57:32 CDT 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> http://www.star-components.com/productlist.cfm?Subcategory=168%20PIN%20DIMM%20BUFFERED
>
> are the best prices I've found. I'm just going to get 8x32s to get started
> unless someone makes an offer on 8x64s which is swell.

Have you studied the Sun AXmp guides?  It's a great board, but a very
funky design.  There are actually 10 PCI slots, but you can only get to 6
of them physically the way that the mezzanine CPU board attaches.  The
cooling required is very "interesting" with the CPU ducting requirements.

Hopefully the board comes with a chassis and p/s already, or you will have
to blow some $$$ on that.  They're not hard to find, just expensive.  It's
a great board, but an oddball.

-James