[rescue] WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 15:46:46 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 04:39:01PM -0400, G W Adkins wrote:
> > > like pianos and really old washers and dryers).
> >
> > I moved last week.  2 adults, 3 kids, and we're all packrats to one degree
> > or another.  22000lb of household stuff.  The piano and the refrigerators
> > were the worst of it.
> >
> Heh, the last time I moved, it was 26000lbs.  Two Adults only.
> (11,000lbs of books and records / and my wife has LOTS of antique
> hardwood...)

When my family moved recent, I couldn't begin to guess how much it
weighed.  I know that we litterally took a few tons to the dump, and that
was a small fraction of what we had.

We used a 25ft truck the main day, and still had to do many runs (20+
maybe) with a 8 ft trailer (but that was only something like 1000 pounds
or so at the most since we could stack the trailer more than 2" high since
it was an open trailer).  All computers/other electronics went in my car,
and took something like 4 trips.

Surprisingly, the washer and dryer were pretty light.  So much nicer than
the old ones.

--
Joshua D. Boyd