[rescue] Re: WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 14:01:14 CDT 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> but most of us, I assume, are of a less massive stature than your average
> mover...

As I watched my movers last time (2.3yrs ago) wander off with an IPI tray,
a MicroVAX II, and a few other large items (nothing like a 690MP or VAX11
or anything), my back telepathically thanked me for not trying to move
that stuff on my own. Considering I carried it down two flights and up
another two or three to get it into my apartment in the first place, it
was a good thing.

I wouldn't mind helping test the stuff after the move, if I were close
enough to the destination.

Of course when my group at Nortel moved into the Bay buildings (right
before the Nortel acquisition, a bit after our company was acquired by
Bay), I saw one of the test lab SS20s bounce out of the truck. Once I saw
that, I went and put my servers into the back seat of my car and drove
them over myself.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows