[rescue] Temperature Monitoring?

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 13:32:06 CDT 2001

>>-----Original Message-----
From: sambo at charm.net [mailto:sambo at charm.net]

On another note, if there are no sensors ar any way to monitor the temp,
what symptoms would I see that might give me early warning that something's
wrong?

---sambo<<

Kludgy Solution
I have a "SpringField PreciseTemp" digital therometer on my desk - it has a
remote sensor (chiclet sized) on a 6' long wire, monitors local and remote
tempetures and records high and low of same.  I have not used it for
computer temps (it's job is to tell me how cool my server room is vs. my
desk *next* to the server room) but I imagine the wire could be threaded
into the case and the probe mounted near the drives.  I found mine at
Wall-Mart, $10.

Brian