[rescue] Temperature Monitoring?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 13:06:38 CDT 2001

There's been some discussion recently on another mailing list (that I
know some of you are on) of SS20s overheating because of larger than
stock hard drives. Is this a real danger? As I've mentioned, I put 9G
and 18G drives in mine, and they run hot, but I kind of expected them
to. I stuck another small fan between the drives and the cd-rom/floppy
pile, but I don't know how much good it really does. I won't try to
replicate the additional fan thread happening on the other list here,
but what I was wondering is if the SS20 has any sort of temperature
monitoring capabilities like peecee hardware does with LM sensors. Or is
this a job for chilled bearing grease?

Thanks,

---sambo