[rescue] Alpha/Sparc/NeXT/SGI to donate/sell

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 13:03:03 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 12:59:22PM -0500, Reagen B . Ward wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 01:49:34PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't have thought it would be that much harder than forks and
> > threads.  Guess I'll actually have to try it now.  It just seems kinda
> > wierd to slave a P75 to a dual 350 though.
>
> I guess I should clarify:  It's hard enough to teach them how to do it
> properly.  There's the message passing part, then there's the parallel
> programming part.

Uh, so which was the hard part, and what were they doing incorrectly (I
ask because I have some number crunching software running at home, and
soon I'm going to modify it to take better advantage of my dual procs, and
maybe consider going to MPI so that I can add more machines if I can find
decent ones for home).

--
Joshua D. Boyd