[rescue] Alpha/Sparc/NeXT/SGI to donate/sell

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 11:37:12 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 10:15:35AM -0400, G W Adkins wrote:
> >Find me cheap power and I'll beawulf 128 ss2's for a high school.
>
> Strange you should mention this, I came up with a scheme to cluster Sparc
> 2's in 8's using SCSI as a cluster interconnect...

funny you should mention that, the IP over SCSI discussion gets resurected on
the NetBSD/vax mailing list every once in a while (it just did a couple of
weeks ago).

the biggest limitation so far seems to be that NetBSD doesn't support running
the scsi controller in target mode and no-one has stepped up to the plate to
add that ability.  i would if i had the coding skills, which i don't.  :(

-brian