[rescue] Alpha/Sparc/NeXT/SGI to donate/sell

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 01:20:02 CDT 2001

> It's sort of sad to see those machines. Here's a multi-tasking, scalab=
le,
> multi-user UNIX system, sitting there for days on end running one majo=
> process, with 0.00 load-average, servicing the odd RADIUS or DNS reque=
st
> every few seconds.

 Dan, how about this answer?

A friend and I have a complete setup awaiting a quick trip down the coas=
t=20
in a few weeks. (when school starts). 2 ss1000e's clustered with an SSA =

for marine biogenetics processing for a california university (no names =

yet, we are still working out donation details).

I figure we should be able to get a load average better 0.02, you know? =

Gene mapping? :)
-Christof

Find me cheap power and I'll beawulf 128 ss2's for a high school.=20