[SunRescue] Why would you need something like this?

Ed Pate rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 30 08:45:34 CDT 2001

--------------64EF535360BFE883FCBB05E3

UPS makes extensive use of railroad "intermodal" service in the U.S. for
their ground shipments.

Ed

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 09:14:08AM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> > > "That will be $120, UPS ground"
> > > *FHAT THE WUCK*#>!!#>!
> > Well, it's really hard to take the box along the ocean floor and arrive
> > intact.
>
> Heck, even in the US, "UPS ground" isnt even "ground"; stuff takes most
> of its journey on planes I would think, between regional depots.
>
> "ground" = "cheaper because it takes a week or more"
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> Austin, TX

--------------64EF535360BFE883FCBB05E3

begin:vcard
n:Pate;Ed
tel;fax:904-359-3904
tel;work:904-359-2401
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:CSX Technology;MidTier Strategic
adr:;;550 Water St, J962;Jacksonville;FL;32202;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Ed_Pate at CSX.com
title:Engineer - Technical Architecture
fn:Ed Pate