[SunRescue] Sparc value ?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 29 06:10:45 CDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 10:23:17PM +1200, Kenneth Dunn wrote:
> I may be in a position to purchase a Sparc server 1000E. I unfortunately
> know nothing about Sun equipment and haven't got any details for it.
> In fact I haven't even seen it and have no idea how big it is.
> I'd like to know the approximate value of such a machine. The computer
> has not been tested for fitness and is being sold as is. Comes with
> operating system.

Depends on the number of CPUs, RAM, disks, etc.  A fully loaded one
(8 CPUs, 1Gig or more of RAM, SCSI cards, etc) can go for upwards
of $1K or more, while lower-end configs can often be had for little
or NO money (I recently got a SS1000 (non-E) with 192Meg RAM, quad
540Meg HDs, and dual SM51 CPUs for $20 locally).

Most of them that I've seen seem to go for around $500 or so.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=%2B%22SPARCserver+1000%22&ebaytag1=ebayreg&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

None of the ones that "sold" on ebay (looks like these didnt, at all) range
from $200 to $750...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford