[SunRescue] easiest way to un-encapsulate a root disk? (veritas)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 28 16:17:05 CDT 2001

I was playing around with VxVm on a system of mine, and encapsulated
the root disk (using a temporary 30day license).  However, I've decided
to go with DiskSuite instead (since its free); whats the easiest way
to un-encapsulate a root disk/volume so that I can then pkgrm the
Veritas stuff?

I've done it before at a job by ufsdumping to tape, redoing the drives
by booting to single-user mode off a cdrom, then ufsrestore - but I'd
like to do it without having to dump to tape if possible; if it comes
to that I'll just reinstall solaris.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford