[SunRescue] SunPC crashes Solaris

Brian P. Hinz rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 28 09:27:52 CDT 2001

Hi All,

I'm trying to install a SunPC SBUS card in a SPARC 5  running Solaris 7. After
installing SunPC 4.1, and patch 102924-26 the sunpc software comes up and warns
that no floppy is detected (this box is floppy-less). The SunPC users guide says
to just remove the mapping using the Hard Disk Editor. I tried this and
immediately the system dumps. Patch 105557-01 (SunPC 4.2 upgrade) claims to fix
this but when I try to install it I get the following message:

# patchadd -M . 105557-01

Checking installed patches...
One or more patch packages included in
105557-01 are not installed on this system.

Patchadd is terminating.

WTF?  Anyone else know how to get this little bastige to work?

thanks,
-brian