[SunRescue] RE: Sun part number info request...

Dave Reader rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 11:09:09 CDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> I'd love to get this information in a DB-readable format - I am
> thinking of a WAP-based application that will return info on Sun part
> numbers supplied from cell phones...

does anyone know what potential copyright, or other, issues might arise
from part number databases?

i know that there's a lot of lists around anyway, but is there any way
that a manufacturer might rightly claim that you do not have the right to
say what a 501-1234 is, or might be?

this is assuming that such a list/database is compiled from freely
available information and knowledge ..

dave.