[SunRescue] Swapping a system between boxes

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 26 19:03:47 CDT 2001

Well, why not unload and restore your *backups* on to the SS/20?

You *do* have backups, right?

Maybe try the reverse, install your OS of choice on the target machien, then
swap the drives into your production machine? You'll be able to test the
concept, without killing your data.

Could you set the two machines up in parallel, and copy over the drive
*contents* without removing the drives from your production machine. I
certainly hope you have sufficient HD space for the second machine to clone
th eprimary machine.

BTW, HiTechCafe has 9 gig IBM drives (made for SGI, refurbished) SCA, 1" for
$50 - see
http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/product2.asp?dept%5Fid=7&sku=DGHS%2D09Y

Enjoy,

Ken