[SunRescue] RE: power requirements of SS1000?

Björn Ramqvist rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 26 03:31:06 CDT 2001

Bill Bradford wrote:

> > Bill, what's your system's config?
>
> I havent powered it up yet, but it looks like this:
>
> 384Mb RAM
> dual SM51 (ugh, MUZT. FIND. FASTER. CPU.  If I can find another system
>            board and four SM71s or SM81s, this will be the new sunhelp.org)

Oh, don't forget to switch XDbus backplane and systemboards. That's a
40MHz one on that model, while the newer ones ('E') has 50MHz.
And, from what I've seen the only supported configuration on the SS1000E
is either SM61 or SM81. Been playing with both. =)

my $0.02: Stick with that configuration, or, fill it up with more
(non-'E') systemboards. Switching backplane and systemboards cost $$$.

/Bjorn