[SunRescue] HELP with format.dat

Michael S. Schiller rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 25 16:57:43 CDT 2001

Hi All.

I just got in a 20 gig 2.5" drive that I've attached to one of the
IDE<->SCSI adapter boards, and installed in my Sparcbook 3GX. The system
can't seem to auto-detect what it is, and I don't have any data on it
either. I got the info from fujitsu, but it's more confusing than
helpful. Anyone have a format.dat entry for this drive? I've tried
several different ones, but I can't seem to get it to recognize it as
anything larger than a 7 gig drive!

I'm supposed to leave on a roadtrip later today, and I was hoping to
take the Sparcbook with me, so if anyone can help me out quickly, I'd
really appreciate it!

-Mike

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *