[SunRescue] RE: power requirements of SS1000?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 25 14:48:05 CDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Hatle, Steven J. wrote:

> I hate you, man! <grin>

I'd better duck too. I got mine, dual SM81, 224MB RAM, hme, be, fb... for
the cost of lunch for four at a chinese restaurant ($65 with tip, I
think). Still haven't plugged the darned thing in, mainly for the reason
suggested by Bill. :)

Bill, what's your system's config?

As an aside...

Back when I read the N scale train list more than once a year, I remember
they'd do travel suggestions, like "where's a good hobby shop near
/location/" ... I suspect I would be killed by the friend I'm going to
visit if I admitted to asking, but anybody know of a good junk shop or the
like in Kingston, Ontario? :)

Hmmm... geektravel at sunhelp.org anyone?

> From: Bill Bradford [mailto:mrbill at mrbill.net]
>

> Anybody know what it costs to run a ss1000 24/7, on average?
> I just scored one for $20 and will be picking it up in an hour. 8-)

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows