[SunRescue] [Off Topic] Question about HP 4mv printer

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 25 10:34:41 CDT 2001

Hello all,

I recently won a HP 4mv printer, and it is in very good shape, but when it tries to print a page, it stops with a "13 printer jam" alert, but I can't find any paper anywhere in the print path. I have a few questions:

	1) Are HP Printer manuals on-line? I can't find them on their web site...

	2) I suspect a switch/sensor is stuck as a result of transit -
	   any exp. on this (there was a FAQ that hinted at this)

	3) On this unit, the only things I can open appear to be the front
	   panel and the manual feed tray - the top does not appear to be
	   "liftable." (The toner cartridge slides in the front)

Any additional hints/tips on this particular printer:

	what kind of RAM does it take
	(it seems like up to 16 meg 36 bit Fast Page Mode RAM, but I can't be sure)

	Will I notice any reall benefit from adding more than the standard
	12 Meg RAM - this is a Postscript printer?

	Has anyone tried the HD addition/option to it
	(a 40 Meg HD is a discontinued option)

Thanks in advance,

Ken