[SunRescue] More sol8 installdummy questions.....(:+}}...

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 25 10:18:16 CDT 2001

OK, I bit the bullet, and am doing a total fresh install of sol8-01-01
on the office SS5 box.  I want to set the thing up so I use the campus
nameserver and the gateway on my network.  Do I choose DNS when it comes
up or NONE, on the networking menu?  The first time I installed, I chose
none, and then later had to manually patch nssswitch.conf for dns and
then add /etc/defaultrouter with the gateway route.  Does the DNS option
do this?  If not, what exactly does the DNS option set up?  I don't
think I want the NIS or NIS+ setups, around here.

Thanks.... le dummy, Bob.....(:+\\.... but hey, I gotta learn it somehow!