[SunRescue] Re: Bill's Entertainment Center

Devin L. Ganger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 24 17:20:33 CDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 02:54:47PM -0500, Andrew Sydelko wrote:

> My girlfriend has a cat that will jump from the floor to
> the top of an open door and sit there. (Remember, a door
> is only 2 inches wide.) I've seen her do it twice.

The summer before I went to college, my parents went to the local fair and
came home with a cat they rescued from the Humane Society booth.  She was
this thin little thing, about 2 or 3 years old, and looked like she was an
Abyssinian, so we of course named her Abby.

Since we'd moved to a different town the day after I graduated from high
school, I had nothing to do that summer, so I spent a lot of time home
with Abby.  One day, I was in our bathroom, which was slightly unusual in
design in that the sink/counter/mirror was on the opposite wall from the
toilet.  So I'm standing there doing what guys do, when all of a sudden
Abby jumped on my shoulder from the counter!

I damn near signed my name on the wall in shock, I don't mind telling you.

>From that point on, my shoulder was her favorite place to be.  She'd perch
up there, wrap her body around the back of my neck, and nibble sweetly on
my ear.

*Then* we discovered that she wasn't really an Abyssinian...just very
undernourished.  Ever been bushwhacked by a 25 pound cat jumping on your
shoulder in the middle of the night as you're taking a leak?  I have.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
find / -name *base* -exec chown us:us {} \;