[SunRescue] Suburban Wireless?

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 24 09:16:44 CDT 2001

I *think* the max run on ethernet is 150 meters for the thin 'like telephone
wire stuff' and 600 meters for the coax type 'thin net' (can't think, must
drink more coffee).  I wouldn't want to leave the stuff just draped on the
ground - if you're far enough out in the country that no one objects, there
are the electrical problems, the critter problems etc.  Get some older
thinnet NICs, a ditch witch, the durable thinnet cable and plow away!  Don't
forget to get a map from the electric coop showing where the underground
utilities are.		brian