[SunRescue] Suburban Wireless?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 21:33:11 CDT 2001

The wording means, (IANAL) as I understand it, that a Part 15 classified
equipent user (your 7 year old son and his friend, for instance, using their
"Space Commander" Walkie-talkies on CB Channel 14) can not petiton the FCC
for assistance if another transmitter is interfering with their use.

Taken another way (IANAL), no one is lower, legally, than a user of part 15
certified equipment.

Part 15 states, (again IANAL) IIRC, that a part 15 transmitter can use
almost any frequency, but may not knowingly cause interference (Radar
jammers are out, FM Stereo transmitters are in).

Oh, and the antenna can only be one meter (39.4", but IANAR - I Am Not A
Ruler ;^) from the transmitter, including transmission cable. And finally, I
seem to recall that the power limitation is 100 mW, and I think it is
measured by ERP (Effective Radiated Power).

But, IANAL... ;^)

Ken