[SunRescue] Changing screen resolution in solaris 8?

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 10:13:42 CDT 2001

I got Solaris 8 up on my SS5, and the 17 inch late model monitor ist kaput.
It is solid green, and occasionally burps and turns blue for a few minutes,
then hiccups and goes green.  Anyway, I was wanting to use my monitor from
the SS1 box it replaced, but, the GDM1962 did not sync to the SS5 video.
It just put out intermittent horizontal lines.

Is there a way of setting in hardware the SS5 to the lower resolution?

If I take the sbus video out of the SS5 and replace it with the dual
slot sbus video card in the SS1, will that work?

Thanks

Bob