[SunRescue] bringing alive SS2

Valentine rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 22 15:33:08 CDT 2001

KH> 7) type 'setenv auto-boot? false' <enter>

KH> 8) type 'setenv boot-device disk' <enter>

KH> 9) type 'printenv' <enter> to confirm the above changes

KH> 10) power down
KH>  (re-attach the HD if you disconnected it in setp 4 above)

KH> 11) power up

KH> 12) you should wind up at an 'ok >' prompt - this is where you will type
KH> boot disk (to use the internal drive), boot net (to boot off a tftp server),
KH> or boot cdrom (if you have one).

thanks to all who replied.

after few days of struggling I've got redhat 6.2 running on that SS2
box. The only problem is that I can't find SBUS ethernet card ;o)

The installation went smoothly, except that I've tried debian/sparc
(ss2 was freezing upon installation), and I've tried OpenBSD.

but it's working now....
weeeeeee :o)

Now I have to figure out what to do with NCD 19r terminal I've got
with ss2

cheers.
val.