[SunRescue] Javastation and linux... some problems... Anyone got any exp.?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 21 18:11:44 CDT 2001

Well, I pulled out my RH R6.2 CD for SAPRC, and made a linux box, then I ran
tftptool from the /utils directory on the CD, and made a tftpboot link to
the tftp32.img file for the ethernet address of my javastation (the 611
drive case looking one - Mr. Coffee?).

Well, after a few bouts of stupidity, I got the system to tftp a boot image,
but there were a few problems:

    SILO is called TILO

    The boot process proceeds fine, until it gets to the
    serial driver, then craps out reporting:

        "WHOOPS:  proplen for address was -1, need multiple of four"

    and the boot messages (in the background, just went to color mode) say:

        "Kernel panic: Zilog: address property"

Common sense tells me I need a custom-built kernel, any one know where to
get one?

Thanks,

Ken