[SunRescue] RE: Bob blames his tools... when appropriate

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 21 15:21:34 CDT 2001

> Bob,
>
> My grandfather used to say "A good carpenter never blames his tools." ;^)

Yeah, I can appreciate that.....(:+}}...

Sadly, today, the classic ate the DEC RZ24L that I was formatting for the
SS10, as a replacement.... on Solaris 2.4.  I hit 0 for the auto guess,
and it guessed and formatted the drive way under capacity.  I would not
really care, but it seems I go quite divergently around in circles just
formatting a drive on the suns that the old VAX gets right the first time.
Now I have to pull it out of the classic and stuff it on the VAX and
repeat again.... repeat again.... repeat again....  (:+\\...
Anyone know the algorithm that sun is using to do its formatting guessing?

> Ken
> (WHo is developing quite a collectionof 210-424 meg bricks, I plan on
> using them for a foundation on my son's play house!

I have a box full of RZ22 and RZ23 things.... paperweights, maybe,
since my kids are all grown now.  I had a friend lift the lid off
an 8 incher and convert it to a planter.  RZ23 cases are too small,
though, unless one were into bonsai.

Bob