[SunRescue] Tatung Ultra 2 OBP updates

Tugrul Galatali rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 21 01:35:28 CDT 2001

	Sorry about reposting this on this list after I did it on sunhelp, but
I figure there are more people that know lots of random stuff on this list :)

	I bought one of those cheap Tatung Ultra 2s off ebay, and it came with
OBP 3.7 and Solaris 2.5.1 preloaded (go figure). I just installed Solaris 8
and it tells me I need 3.11.2 to boot the 64-bit kernel. The included OBP
updater doesn't recognize the Tatung, so I'm wondering where I get the upgrade.
Tatung doesn't seem to have a great support section, and I'm getting this
god awful feeling these machines don't flash update :(
	Otherwise this machine is wonderful... 24-bit Creator 2D graphics are
great and this thing keeps up pretty well against my 900Mhz Duron when
running make -jN for N > 2 :) I need something to keep that GB of memory in
constant use =P

	Tugrul Galatali