[SunRescue] PowerMac 7600 questions

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 20 19:11:22 CDT 2001

I'm trying to get a PowerMac 7600 to work with this 21" Multisync
Sun monitor, using the Mac's built-in video.

The monitor works FINE with an Ultra 60 or with a PC (HD15 M-M cable
going between the HD15 port and the PC - in fact I'm on the PC now)

I've got a Sun 13w3-to-HD15M video adapter, then a Viewsonic
HD15F-to-Apple-Video connector plugged into the back of the Mac.

I power it up, "bong" (of course), I get a bootup gray screen, but
it looks like the scan rate or something is off a bit.  On the "happy Mac"
icon, every 4th or 5th line of pixels is shifted to the right about 10-15
pixels.. its "jaggedy".

Any way to make this thing boot up in 640x480?  I tried zapping the
PRAM (holding down control-option-p-r as it boots till it bongs three
times) but that didnt make a difference.

Too bad my Matrox Millenium card wont work in this.... 8-(

This Mac has A/V out - think an old composite color monitor plugged
into the video out jack would work at all, good enough to get the
built-in video fixed?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford