[SunRescue] RE: Why I am *quite* fond of my Linksys router...

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 20 18:29:11 CDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 07:04:50PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> From: "James Sharp" <jsharp at psychoses.org>
> > Router, caching name server, squid web cache, and NAT to hide those ever
> > secure Windows machines....all in one cute little off white box.

Plus FTP and HTTP server, ssh daemon (so I can log in from wherever I am
to read my mails), DHCP server, tftp server etc. (At the moment, it's
the only box that's running all the time.)

> I sure do think a spiffy little IPX or LX is cute :)

Yeah, but as I said, the IPX doesn't quite cut it. And I don't know
whether an LX would be that much faster.

But an SS670 with SM51 would definitely be a good idea ... ;-)

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

You know you've been hacking too long when you end your sentences with
semicolons instead of full stops.