[SunRescue] RE: Why I am *quite* fond of my Linksys router...

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 20 17:52:59 CDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 03:10:47PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Those little router appliances handle PPPoE easily - I can frequently
> download 55-63KB/sec (bytes, not bits) over my Linksys router box to
> my wired and wireless clients in my house (802.11b *is* great!)

Yeah, but I don't *want* to use one of those little router
appliances. ;-) I'd far rather have a suitable box to route this stuff
(and will probably have one soon.) Let's face it, a suitable
SPARC(station|server) is about infinitely more sexy than some `router
appliance'. And that's what we're all after, isn't it?

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

You can find sympathy, in the dictionary, right near shit and suicide.