[SunRescue] Re: Help!

P Nutton rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 20 04:47:49 CDT 2001

Hi Bill,

If you want to scare them (and protect them to a certain extent) put copies
of ZoneAlarm (ZoneAlert?, sorry not at the machine at the moment) on a few
of their PCs. It is a free download. I have it on a 98 machine I run and it
protected me against an aggressive portscan. It logs probes and attacks and
provides some security to windows machines ;-)

On the subject of "The Linux Router Project", I use "Toms Root and Boot", a
Linux implementation on a single floppy which is very good at converting old
diskless scrap into members of my seti cluster and can have some of the
linux firewall features added. I used "Linux on a Floppy (LOAF)" for a
while, but "Toms Root and Boot" has better network support and will read FAT
floppies.
--
Paul Nutton
Sun packrat, sysadmin, corporate exchange user (sob), but it IS a SUNPciII

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.