[SunRescue] bringing alive SS2

Valentine rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 19 13:31:12 CDT 2001

GAW> Do you have anything that'll serve as an RS-232 terminal, at least until
GAW> you get it running and wheneer you need to reboot?  If so then you can
GAW> just use it without keyboard or monitor on the serial console.  Someone
GAW> posted some nice instructions here just the other day....

well ...
I have a linux box to boot from, currently it's acting as a firewall.
As about a terminal I've got NCD 19r one, but as I understand I'll
need to use tftp to boot it into something, so I can't connect it
directly into the SS2.

My only confusion is that, I have no idea how to boot the SS2, when I
power it on, hard drive does something, AUI converter is flashing, so
I assume something is going on. But I have no clue how to get some
video output from it. null-modem connection from serial A?
or there is some chance of using NCD terminal, w/o booting it?

thanks a lot.
val.