[SunRescue] Re: Solaris for PowerPC?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 18 14:38:53 CDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, steve price wrote:

> Can anybody shed some lite on Solaris for a PowerPC?
> I rumaged through docs.sun.com and found references in
> the software docs up through sol7 and of course
> chorus.
>
> Is/was it a separate cdrom set, or was it buried
> somewhere on the 2.6 or 7 cds?

I believe the last (only?) PPC release is 2.5.1. I have a copy at home,
another great swap find, but it doesn't seem to work on the Motorola PPC I
have so I haven't touched it lately. Found one copy at a swap last year
for $20 or so but haven't seen it since.

It has a limited range of supported systems; if I didn't post it earlier I
can do so later this week (just saw the ppc kit last weekend, but I think
it's buried again).

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows