[SunRescue] Rescued an IPC ... fix the nvram

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 18 09:25:29 CDT 2001

> > I just got my very first IPC which works great except one small thing....
> > It has a dead prom (of course).  Is there anyone on the list here who
> > might have one for sale or know where I can pick one up inexpensively?  I
> > think the version is 2.4..  Thanks.
> > -Linc Fessenden
>
> I got good NVRAMs for IPCs for under $20 each from

Save the 20 bucks.  Go to raddidioshack and get a 2 cell plastic
battery holder for AA or AAA cells, and then wire that up to
the old NVRAM.... or lift a lithium battery out of a PC.
Cost about 2 or 3 buckeroos de realme.

Works great for me, now that I have done it a couple times.
The soldering of the leads requires a steady hand (rough fer us
olde pfartes), and a 15 watt or less soldering iron and veddyfine
hair solder.  But, it does the trick!

Consult the nvram faq for details.

Bob