[SunRescue] Q: about creator graphics cards...

Eric Ozrelic rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 17 23:06:27 CDT 2001

If you want accelerated 2D in X, I.E you want windows to move around
quickly, like in Windows 98 and the likes then all of those cards will
perform almost identically. I found out the hard way when I went from PGX24
to Elite3D M3. There was no noticeable X performance gains. Using an X
server on a local Windows box will give you the fastest performance, and
24/32 bit color even with a 8 bit TGX installed.

Regards,

Eric Ozrelic
Computer/Network Consultant

1532 NW West Hills Ave