[SunRescue] RE: rescue digest, Vol 1 #1225 - 14 msgs

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 16 16:35:49 CDT 2001

Well, Probe-scsi shows the drives fine, as expected (and I am not going to type allthat info anyway ;^)

Internal Termination sounds like a stretch to me, but I'll take a good look into it.

The Axil 245 is a lunchbox (sorta) sized machine, with the PS/drives infront of the MB, not over it (like in say, an LX) so the foot print is a bit bigger.

The SCSI bus works fine w/o an external CD, but have not tried an extenral HD - I will.

The internal drive may not be terminated properly, but I don't think that is the case, since I was able to install on to this drive in place as is. (If I swapped this drive with a pre-installed OS from another machine I would consider this a more likely cause)

Worst case, I may just take a large HD, install Solaris on it in another machine, then boot -r and hope for the best...

I hope I cna get this up, but I have bigger fish to fry with some other machines right now - if you don't hear from me on this matter very soon, it is only because I haven't yet run out of ideas (or have succeeded,and haven't had time to report back!).

Thanks everyone for the help,

Ken