[SunRescue] Making SCA disks useful

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 15 20:33:37 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I can get a hold of a heap of SCA disks reasonably cheap (2gb and 4gb, SE
and Diff) but they're not much use without some method of attaching them to
my Sun boxen.  I'm looking for cheap SCA to 50 pin (I could make do with
68) adaptors or some type of cheap SCA backplane, all the ones I've found
so far are going to cost more than the disks I'll be attaching to them.

I've had no luck trying to get an SSA-100 locally (it would cost far too
much to ship from the US) and second-hand multipacks cost a premium,
particularly the 12 slot ones.

If anyone has a cheap source of adaptors, or could point me towards a
source of a cheap backplane (maybe a few), I'd appreciate it.  Anything
shipped from the US would need to be as small and light as possible, so a
12U rackmount job is probably out of the question.

cheers,

Rob.