[SunRescue] dual Katmai (was Re: Rescued netapp... questions/1MB nvram simms)

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 14 20:13:42 CDT 2001

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Robert Novak wrote:
> > Also found a dual Katmai board with 64bit PCI and dual PCI buses and a
> > normal ATX connector, hoping that works too :)
>
> Ooh.  That would make for a nice machine workstation.  I tried to buy a
> similar board a year ago.  The ones I look at required a funky memory
> daughter board and I could find a place to buy such a board.

Yeah, the seller who had it had another with the full complement of power
connectors (2 ATX, a half AT, and one for hooking up to a rogue simulant
stardrive I think) but I went with the ATX-only one for simplicity. Mainly
want something that can drive my old Sun GigE card at full steam, and the
dual LVD SCSI onboard isn't too bad either.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows