[SunRescue] Vinophiles of the world unite

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 13 06:24:24 CDT 2001

amy <turtlex at ohno.mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
>
> > Few survive the horror of the brussel sprouts!
>
> yanno...thats one of the few vegetbles i refuse to eat...yet bill loves
> them...i'm convinced he's an alien.

Mmmmm ....

take a couple of pounds of *young* sprouts, remove the outer layer of
leaves, wash, and score the bases.  Skin a couple of pounds of juicy
tomatoes (or use pre-peeled if you're lazy, but fresh is best) and dice.
Chop two medium-sized onions finely.

Simmer the sprouts for a few minutes.  Pour off the water when they are
beginning to go soft, and add the tomatoes, onions, a splash of cheap
white wine, a couple of cloves of garlic and a goodly pinch of ginger.
Cook over a very low gas for about ten minutes until the sprouts are nice
and tender.  Serve straight from the stove.

Goes well with rabbit or as a starter, and as it has a rather robust taste,
I recommend half pint glasses of peasant wine to go with it.  Serves eight
to twelve.

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **