[SunRescue] OT: HP 9000

Chris Petersen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 12 13:51:13 CDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 02:22:27PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> Robert you Aussie devil! What a sweet machine!
>
> SO how does a D with a 132 MHz PA 7300 stack up? Got one of these from an
> associate for free. They said it was dead. Wasn't some dope pulled all but
> two of the SIMMs. Of course they were in the wrong slots for the machine to
> wake up :)
>
> Anyway box came configed as follows:
>
> 132 MHz CPU
> 128 MB memory
> 1 GB HD
> FWD SCSI controller
> HSC ATM board
>
> Just connect a standard serial with a null modem to the box and you are in.
>
> As for the mention of graphics console, can I install an HCRX board and get
> it to run with a head?

Mike:

I think this will run around the same as my B132L, which is more than
competent for HP-UX 11.0.

As for graphics head, does the box have PS/2 inputs?  If so, yeah, you
should be able to drop in an HCRX board...

God, I gotta find me a D-class box now, all you guys find these suckers :)
I've got (2) 4.3GB disks for a D just sitting :)

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net